The goal of the Hollycrest High Performers Program is to provide an enriched and flexible learning environment that will empower the elite performer to strive for both academic and athletic excellence.
A High Performer is a Student Who:
- has been recommended by a qualified coach, instructor, teacher, group, dance company, or organization and,
- is involved at a regional, provincial, national or international level of performance, and,
- has been approved for acceptance into the program by the administrative team at Hollycrest Middle School.
The School Program will Provide:
- an academic program based on Ontario Curricula,
- a supportive alternative learning environment that will empower the student to strive for both academic and athletic excellence,
- flexible academic timetabling that reflects the needs of each students academic, practice and performance schedules,
- teaching and counselling from both the administrative and teaching staff interested in assisting and monitoring elite performers in reaching their goals.
Expectations for High Performers are:
- to fulfill all academic obligations based on Ontario Curricula,
- to work closely with the Principal, the Coordinator of the High Performer Program and teachers in making plans for the submission of assignments, the writing of tests, etc. which might be delayed or missed due to performance commitments,
- to provide the Principal and Coordinator of the High Performer Program with up-to-date information regarding school absences for competitions and training,
- to follow the Hollycrest code of behaviour
Hollycrest Middle School
Address: 630 Renforth Drive, Etobicoke, ON M9C 2N6
Principal: Boris Stoikos
Vice Principal: Kimberly Lee
HP Program Coordinator: Kimberly Campbell (Ext. 20012)
- conveniently located on Renforth Drive, just south of Eglinton Ave. next to Centennial Arena, the Etobicoke Olympium and within 10 km of the Canadian Ice Academy feeder school to Silverthorn Collegiate Institute which offers the High Performer Program at the secondary level,
- accommodating, dedicated staff committed to student learning and personal professional development,
- modern computer lab with up to date technology and internet access,
- classrooms well stocked with current textbooks,
- an active Parent Council involved in fund raising initiatives and extra-curricular events,
- an extensive intramural program that offers different sports to both boys and girls at all grade levels,
- modern, spacious, air conditioned classroom in school lunch program.