METROPOLITAN ANDREI CATHOLIC SCHOOL
515 Mississauga Valley Blvd, Mississauga, ON
Welcome to the 2019/2020 Fall/Winter Futsal House League Season. We thank all returning athletes and parents for continuing to believe in the game of futsal and Futsal Club Toronto and a special welcome to those new members to FCT. We will provide all athletes with a positive learning environment where they can have fun and at the same time develop their skills. We fully implement the Canadian Soccer Association’s Long Term Player Development Plan. We are members of the Peel Halton Soccer Association under the umbrella of The Ontario Soccer Association. As leaders in the game of futsal in Canada we will continue to promote the game of futsal as the ultimate developmental tool for soccer and strive to deliver the best futsal program in the country while incorporating soccer and beach soccer into our programs. REGISTER NOW
What is Futsal? Futsal is the only format of indoor soccer that is recognized and supported by FIFA. Futsal began in the South American country of Uruguay in 1930. Futsal grew rapidly and became very popular in Brazil where the large crowded cities and shortage of playing pitches forced a football-mad populace to play small-sided football. Skills and techniques honed in futsal soon began to become apparent in the performance of Brazil’s national team – Pele, Neymar and Zico all played the game at some time in their development. Players like Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldihno and many more top soccer players dedicate their success due to futsal. Futsal was the name chosen by FIFA for the only version of 5-a-side football that it supports. The name simply combines the Spanish words for hall (“sala”) and football (“futbol”) into “futsal”. The game is normally played on a flat indoor court service pitch with handball-sized goals and a size 4 ball with reduced bounce. Futsal players are constantly placed in situations where they must receive or play while under pressure or in confined spaces. As a game it therefore places considerable demand on technique, movement, tactical awareness and fitness. The differences from versions of indoor football played predominantly in Northern Europe are the absence of rebound boards and some slight amendments in the laws that promote skillful, creative play above physical contact.
GET READY TO PLAY THE GAME THAT MADE THE WORLDS BEST SOCCER PLAYERS.
“During my childhood in Portugal, all we played was futsal. The smaller court helped my footwork skills, the nature of the game made me feel so free when I played. If it wasn’t for Futsal, I would definitely not be the player I am today’’. – Cristiano Ronaldo
“As a little boy in Argentina, I played futsal on the streets and for my club. It was tremendous fun, and it really helped me become who I am today”. – Lionel Messi
2019 Fall Gators Futsal House League
Age/Year of birth
|U4 (2016)||Mixed||Metropolitan Andrei Catholic School (METRO)||6:30-7:30am||Tuesdays||10 Weeks||17-Sep||20-Nov||$130|
|U5 (2015)||Mixed||METRO||6:30-7:30am||Tuesdays||10 Weeks||17-Sep||20-Nov||$130|
|U6 (2014)||Mixed||METRO||6:30-7:30am||Tuesdays||10 Weeks||17-Sep||20-Nov||$130|
|U7 (2013)||Mixed||METRO||6:30-7:30am||Tuesdays||10 Weeks||17-Sep||20-Nov||$130|
|U8 (2012)||Mixed||METRO||6:30-7:30am||Tuesdays||10 Weeks||17-Sep||20-Nov||$130|
*Early Bird $120 Promotion ends August 30th, 2018
Training times subject to change due to registrations no refund on programs all registrations final. Please refer to the refund policy available online. FCT reserves the right to change the location and or venue should the need arise. All information will be updated on this web page emails will be sent out prior to the kick off date.
2020 Winter House League Format
Age/Year of birth
|U4 (2016)||Mixed||Metropolitan||6:30pm||Tues||10 Weeks||14-Jan||2-Apr||$130|
|U5 (2015)||Mixed||Metropolitan||6:30pm||Tues||10 Weeks||14-Jan||2-Apr||$130|
|U6 (2014)||Mixed||Metropolitan||6:30pm||Tues||10 Weeks||14-Jan||2-Apr||$130|
|U7 (2013)||Mixed||Metropolitan||6:30pm||Tues||10 Weeks||14-Jan||2-Apr||$130|
|U8 (2012)||Mixed||Metropolitan||6:30pm||Tues||10 Weeks||14-Jan||2-Apr||$130|
Training Dates are not inclusive to (March Break Holiday)
All registrations are final. The club reserves the right to alter and change the times to fit the program needs and demand. Venues will be located in the south Mississauga area. Should a venue be changed due to conflicts all participants will be advised via email.
Venue – Metropolitan Andrei Catholic School, 515 Mississauga Valley Blvd, Mississauga ON (other venues may be used as a substitute to the program and can be altered by the club at any time).
Uniform – Athletes will receive a full game kit (jersey, shorts & socks) to be used for fall/winter sessions
Format – U4 – U12 will not use scores and standings. U13 & U14 will use scores and standing
House League Futsal Development Program
Available for Goalkeepers and Players
Futsal Club Toronto’s House League Futsal Development Program delivers a component where we give the opportunity to those house league players U8 – U16 that want extra futsal specific training both for players and goalkeepers to further develop their technical skills, fundamental skills and overall game. Goalkeepers and players will work with experienced futsal coaches in a program that is designed and overlooked by Canada’s Top futsal Coach Roy Blanche.
- Registration: Registration for the 2019/2020 house league season will commence July 2, 2019.
- Equipment: Team jersey, short and socks. Shin guards are mandatory and any player that is not wearing them will not be able to participate during the practice and the game. A Futsal shoes is a flat sole indoor soccer shoe that does not have any rubber studs on the sole. Cleats are used for indoor soccer played on turf only.
- Coaches: Only the coach and the assistant coach listed on the team roster are allowed on the bench situated in the designated technical area. Coaches must sign the game sheet prior to kickoff and must conduct themselves in a positive and professional manner respecting the laws of the game.
- Spectators: Spectators must stay in the designated spectator area and must conduct themselves in a positive manner and respect all players, coaches, referees, volunteers and spectators.
- Zero Tolerance for Harassment or Abuse: FCT has a Zero Tolerance Policy for harassment or abuse to a player, coach, referee, volunteer and spectators. We promote a positive environment for everyone involved in the game. Please visit our website to find the Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Equal Playing Time Policy: FCT house league is all about having fun and engaging kids to play sports through the game of futsal. Coaches will provide a positive environment so that players can develop their skills build confidence, develop social skills and fall in love with the game. All Players are entitled to equal playing time. Our coaches will follow the equal playing time policy subject to practical considerations like player fitness, fatigue and any other factors.
- Player Uniform: FCT is tailored by Umbro. All players will receive as part of their registration fee, a Futsal Jersey, a pair of shorts, a pair of socks. It is club policy that all players be dressed in proper uniform and equipment for practice and games. Uniforms will be distributed in the Fall for both Fall/Winter Sessions.
- Refunds: Refund less an administration fee of $50 plus uniform fee may be requested prior to the first game. Once the first game has been played a refund will not be granted. All approved refunds will be issued by cheque. Futsal Club Toronto reserves the right to alter the program and its venue location gymnasium and/or turf at anytime all registered participants must update themselves via the website link.
We encourage you to take the opportunity to visit our club house at United Soccer Centre in the heart of Mississauga. We would be glad to sit down with you to discuss our programs at FCT. Contact us at (647) 997-8376 or firstname.lastname@example.org