shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : $0.00
View Cart Check Out

Crowned Champions of Peel Halton Futsal League

After a very close game by two very attacking very aggressive teams, the home squad was able to capitalize on Barrie’s defensive errors and take home the trophy after a long season.

The game started rough for the home side, going 2-0 down before the first 10 minutes. Careless fouls from Barrie and smart positioning from FCT gave them the chance to tie the game at 2-2 by the end of the first half.

At the start of the second half, FCT started to find their rhythm in the attacking aspect and going up 4-2, but were still struggling to hold their own in the back, leading to a few defensive errors that Barrie were able to take advantage of and close the gap on the score.

After receiving two red cards, one for an improper goal celebration, FCT had to play eight minutes with a man less, allowing Barrie to score and close the gap once again.

In the last minutes of the game, the home side were able to finally keep their form, scoring two in a row and putting them in the double digits, ending the game with a score of 10-7.

“The same started a little slow, but as the minutes passed, we started to form a better rhythm,” said Matias DiMarco. “The game had a lot of stops and a lot of fouls, but I think in the second half the team played well with a lot of character and a lot of attitude.”

DiMarco was a fundamental part of the team’s victory, scoring two goals and being crucial to the team’s defensive plays.

“It wasn’t how we were expecting to come out,” said head coach Roy Blanche. “We came out nervous, we paid a price, it took us a while to get back into it. We had a few PKS that got us back on the road but overall after the first 15 minutes we came back and were happy it worked out.”

The club will now play in the Ontario Futsal League Champions Cup, bringing them one step closer to their objective of representing Canada in the CONCACAF tournament in Costa Rica.


“This was an intense game and an intense final,” said Alvaro Yaques, team captain. “This is a big step for both teams, all the players, for all the people here supporting the sport, and for Futsal In general.”

Story by Andres Torres

Media Relations